Monday, September 11, 2006

Al Jazeera video request...the media and Iran

Watch the video

I got an email like this one day, and submitted this video response. Here is a bit of the message that I got from Al Jazeera International:

"The Listening Post', is a weekly programme that will take a long hard look
at the global media - how the news is reported, what the big stories of the
week are, what the small quirky stories are and most importantly what the
world thinks of how certain news is reported. The programme will be
broadcast on Al Jazeera's new English language channel, Al Jazeera
International.

I am producing a feature of the programme called Global Village Voices, this
is where we hear from people all over the world about what they think of the
media. We want people to contribute via video and the internet with comments
of one to two minutes. This is where you would come in shopuld you be
interested. We want to get a perspective from as many angles as possible.

Al Jazeera International is a new channel that is being broadcast from
London, Washington, Kuala Lumpar and Qatar. It is english language (despite
being Arab funded) and may go some way to balancing the western media.

The Global Village Voices will include video comments vlog style. Its is our
philosophy here that we get a representative and balanced range of people
rather than high quality footage (the rest of the programme is shot on HD).
I am producing a piece this week on the media and Iran."

i must apologize for the awful editing job, there are a lot of jump cuts, and I am not sure what they will end up using--but this is what I sent to them. Before I sent anything they told me they will only be airing 20 or 30 seconds of it, and wanted only a few minutes of commentary.

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 09:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great post. I actually kind of like jump cuts. I dig all the cables and stuff in the background too.You are doing something really cool here, both on this vlog and thisirananianamericanlife.blogspot.com.

A suggestion, slap your URL at the end of your videos so if someone comes across your video outside you're site, they'll be able to find where it came from.

I'm thrilled you've caught the vlog bug.

 
At 9/11/2006 09:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me on the last post...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home